BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

LEATHER: a Do or Don't?





Excessive leather: bad girl chic or made for hog heaven?

While leather has been a stable in many fashionistas' closets for countless seasons, I can't help but question this overdone look. Now don't get me wrong, I love (faux) leather. It gives women the ability to add a bit of edge to any look, but I think it's safe to say excessive leather may be too much of a good thing.

However, I am absolutely loving single leather pieces incorporated into outfits. In fact, here's a few I'm dying to have hanging in my closet . . .

Faux Leather Mini Skirt

Akira, $49

I know this may look a little biker babe, but I love it. I think it would look great with a tucked in, loose fitted, white v-neck, with layered necklaces and a pair of killer heels. The key to rocking this look is adding a feminine touch, like the necklace below from Forever 21, to make this look sexy, not scary.





Classic Leather Jacket

Victoria Secret, $ 198

This classic piece has been a staple for decades. Leather jackets look great on both guys (Hello? James Dean anyone?) and girls. The best thing about this piece is that it's so versatile. For a casual look, pair your jacket with skinny jeans or for an edgier look throw it on over a floral dress to counteract the girliness. In addition, leather jackets now come in a plethora of styles and colors so your options are practically endless. Check out some of my favorites below:

Leather Crop Ruffle Jacket in Slate

Victoria Secret, $158


Leather Biker Jacket in Black

Silence and Noise, $128


Leather Motorcycle Jacket in Cognac

Victoria Secret, $219







Leather Zip Vest

Urban Renewal, $58

Like the jacket, the leather vest is great because of its versatility. Adding a leather vest to your outfit instantly adds both edge and style. It looks great with casual outfits as well as more formal ones. Doubting this look? Check out the pics below :)

Jennifer Tallulah, or better known as Jenny Humphrey to you GG fans, rocks this look with a white tee, black shorts, a studded bag and a menswear tie.


This model sports an edgy chic version of this look by pairing a leather vest with a floral dress and leather booties.




What do you guys think? Are these leather looks a do or a don't?

0 comments: